QUIZ: Are You A True Baby Boomer?
The Baby Boomers are a breed of their own. Born in the economic and social boom after World War II, many of the things that Baby Boomers remember best about their childhoods have been replaced with new and improved technology, as well as major social change.
Test your knowledge if you think you remember many things about a simpler time in American history. Warning: only true Baby Boomers (or expert historians) can get a passing score on this one! So take our quiz today, and be sure to share it with your friends for comparison.
Did You Know?
- Bill Gates told his Harvard University professors that he would be a millionaire by age 30. He became a billionaire at age 31.
- The first listed company on the NYSE was the Bank of New York, traded under the buttonwood tree on Wall Street. The bank now continues under the name of The Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE: BK).
- Warrent Buffet bought his first stock when he was 11. He purchases six shares of Cities Service Preferred stock — three shares for himself, three for his sister.
- Steven Spielberg has the most expensive life insurance policy in the world at $1.2 billion.
- The first appearance of insurance in history reportedly happened in China, around 3000 B.C.
- The average credit card holder has 3.5 credit cards, according to the Federal Reserve.