People Can’t Flee These US Cities Fast Enough And We Know Why
4. St. Louis, Missouri – 39,894 Migrations
For almost 40,000 residents, St. Louis, Missouri, is just a current stop before they reach Chicago. The crime rate went down for an astonishing 50% from the notorious ’80s, but not even that can keep people. Moreover, St. Louis is also today far from safe. The city went from a thriving city to a city with the second-highest crime rate in the country.
Some would also add that the city is plagued by being one of the most significant stops on a substance trafficking route. St. Louis has a low unemployment rate, a strong job market, and overall it’s an inexpensive place, compared to other major cities in the States. However, that’s just on paper. Luckily for St. Louis, in last years, the population grow by 0.7%.
Did You Know?
- Bill Gates told his Harvard University professors that he would be a millionaire by age 30. He became a billionaire at age 31.
- The first listed company on the NYSE was the Bank of New York, traded under the buttonwood tree on Wall Street. The bank now continues under the name of The Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE: BK).
- Warrent Buffet bought his first stock when he was 11. He purchases six shares of Cities Service Preferred stock — three shares for himself, three for his sister.
- Steven Spielberg has the most expensive life insurance policy in the world at $1.2 billion.
- The first appearance of insurance in history reportedly happened in China, around 3000 B.C.
- The average credit card holder has 3.5 credit cards, according to the Federal Reserve.
We believe that knowledge about personal finance should be available to everyone. With that in mind, we created Unpuzzle Finance, where we try to unpuzzle basic and advanced financial principles and concepts.
Whether you are an absolute beginner in the finance world or professional, our guides and articles will help you achieve your goals.
Unpuzzle Finance covers topics related to personal finance, investing, retirement, business, careers, and lifestyle.